Jessica over at Books: A True Story has some interesting questions on book descriptions, and I thought that they require more than a one line answer, as for me there is not really an easy answer to some of the questions. So here goes.
- Do you like book descriptions?
- Yes and no.
- Do you read them? If you do, why? (I really want to know this one. I feel like I might be missing out on something.)
- I read them on works of non-fiction to see if they will contain the information that I am looking for. If I am not buying a book and am waiting for someone, I will read the book description. What gets my interest in a work of fiction is the writing style in the content of the book.
- Do they help you decide if you want to read a book?
- Only if it is non-fiction. Sometimes, they help me decide I do not want to read the book.
- Would you like to see full book summaries in my review or would you rather have me briefly introduce the book in my review?
- I would rather read your thought, feelings, and impressions on a book or writing style. If I want a summary I can go to a book seller website or a site like goodreads.